Buddhist 1: Kapilavatsu (5 points)

As a kid I never really read manga but I grew up with some of the shows that came from it like Dragon Ball Z and Tezuka's Astroboy. I didn't really pay much attention to the creators outside of the manga, however, I enjoyed the genre. When I think about manga today, I think the hyper detailed style which is, personally, a bit overwhelming sometimes, so Buddhist felt a lot more comfortable to read. It was easy to keep up with despite having several backstories of the different characters that, then, end up meeting together. I really liked the way that the style was very comic-like and not super emphasized which gave the actual story and plot to shine without the art style being too distracting and too perfect. I enjoyed that some panels did not required a speech bubble which gave me a chance to interpret the story and make it up in my head. It was neat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Arrival (3 points)

The Killing Joke (5 points ?)

Understanding Comics (3 points)